Thursday, February 15, 2024

The PROPHESIED parables

 

The angels tells apostle John:

Revelation 19:10

King James Version

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. 

And he said unto me, See thou do it not: 

I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren 

that have the testimony of Jesus: 

worship God: 

for the testimony of Jesus 

is the spirit of prophecy.


Ever heard of the LORD's parables?

I have, through the Catholic schools which taught me.

And for that, I'll always be grateful.

Except GOD had other plans for this workman.

The LORD made me born again.

And now, I can tell you more, through Scripture.

My Teacher, the HOLY SPIRIT, pointed something out.

JESUS, speaking in parables, has been prophesied.

We have two sets of prophecies here.

We quote from the New Testament.

Then we search for its source in the Old Testament.

How can anything be more exciting than the WORD of GOD?


Look what JESUS said here:

Matthew 13:13-15

King James Version

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: 

because they seeing see not; 

and hearing they hear not, 

neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled 

the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, 

By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; 

and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, 

and their ears are dull of hearing, 

and their eyes they have closed; 

lest at any time they should see with their eyes 

and hear with their ears, 

and should understand with their heart, 

and should be converted, 

and I should heal them.


The Old Testament source:

Isaiah 6:8-10

King James Version

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? 

Then said I, Here am I; send me.

9 And he said, 

Go, and tell this people, 

Hear ye indeed, but understand not; 

and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10 Make the heart of this people fat, 

and make their ears heavy, 

and shut their eyes; 

lest they see with their eyes, 

and hear with their ears, 

and understand with their heart, 

and convert, and be healed.


Scripture reveals another parable prophecy:

Matthew 13:34-35

King James Version

34 All these things spake Jesus 

unto the multitude in parables; 

and without a parable spake he not unto them:

35 That it might be fulfilled 

which was spoken by the prophet, saying, 

I will open my mouth in parables; 

I will utter things which have been kept secret 

from the foundation of the world.


The Old Testament source:

Psalm 78:1-3

King James Version

78 Give ear, O my people, to my law: 

incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

2 I will open my mouth in a parable: 

I will utter dark sayings of old:

3 Which we have heard and known, 

and our fathers have told us.


It's important we look into that Psalm 78 verse.

For it has much more to tell us.

Such as the purpose of parables.

Head over to the next post.


Image: Clipart Library


The LEAVEN parable

  JESUS asks the people : Luke 13:20-21 King James Version 20 And again he said,  Whereunto shall I liken  the kingdom of God ? What is leav...